1. Background and purpose of data processing
The EA Project (“The EA Project”, “us”, “we”, or “our”, “The Circular Society Network”, “CSN”), is a legal entity located at 100 Griffin Close, London, NW10 1LP, United-Kingdom that specializes in and focuses on organizing / producing events, in-person or online.
In connection to our operations and to be able to provide and improve our Services and Events, we may collect and use your (“User”,“you”, or “your”) personal data. By using our Services and Events, you agree to the collection and use of that information in accordance with this policy. Please read this page carefully, for it informs you of our policies regarding how we collect, use and disclose personal data when you use The EA Project Services and Events and the rights you have associated with that data.
2. Data controller’s contact details
Name of the company: The EA Project Limited
Address: 100 Griffin Close, London, NW10 1LP, United-Kingdom
The EA Project Services refer to The EA Project conference, online community, media as well as our website, including applicable features such as, but not limited to, online events.
Events refers to physical or online events organized and/or produced by The EA Project and/or under The EA Project or The Circular Society Network brand and are part of The EA Project Services.
Personal Data refers to data about a living individual who can be identified from that data and from other information that we possess or are likely to possess about that living individual.
Usage Data refers to data collected automatically or generated by the use of the Services or Events including applicable infrastructure like websites. Usage Data includes Cookies, which are small text files sent from a website and stored on your computer or mobile device.
Data Controller refers to the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly with other persons) determines the purposes for and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
Data Processors (or Service Providers) refer to any natural or legal person who process the data on behalf of the
Data Controller in order, for example, to process the data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User) refers to any living individual who is using our Services and is the subject of Personal Data.
4. Type of data collected
A. Personal Data
We may collect Personal Data from our Users in different ways, including when the User registers to The EA Project Services or subscribes to our newsletter.
Personal Data will be collected from the User as a part of the registration. The following Personal Data is necessary in order to be able to use The EA Project Services:
- Registration: first name; last name; email address; organization and job title; marketing opt-in or opt-out
We may also collect and process the following Personal Data in connection with your use of The EA Project Services:
- Marketing: name; email address; event attendance information; User interests
- Customer feedback and other information the User provides to us in correspondence.
B. Usage Data
We and/or our authorized third-party service providers may automatically collect the following Usage Data when you visit or interact with The EA Project Services. This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s IP address, browser type and version, the time and date of your visit to our Services, the time spent interacting with our Services, URL of the website you visited before and after visiting The EA Project Services; unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
D. Web Analytics
The EA Project Services use Google Analytics and other web analytics services to track and report website traffic to help us improve our Services. Users can opt-out of Google Analytics by using the following browser add-on tool: Google Analytics opt-out add-on.
5. Purposes of using the data
We use the collected data for a variety of purposes:
- To organize/produce Events and provide, maintain, and improve The EA Project Services
- To provide personalized content and customized user experience
- For customer communication, marketing and development
- For research
- To allow Users to participate in interactive features of our Services including, but not limited to, downloading 3D files from our Services
6. Legal basis for processing personal data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- To comply with applicable laws
- We need to perform a contract with you
When possible, we use pseudonymized or non-personally identifiable data.
7. Storage of data
8. Transfer of data
9. Disclosure of data and recipients
- For legal reasons with a good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) meet the requirements of a legal obligation; (b) detect, prevent, or otherwise address wrongdoing, security or technical issues; and/or (c) protect the interests, properties or safety of The EA Project, the Users, or the public.
- With explicit consent to share your Personal Data with third parties outside The EA Project for reasons other than the ones mentioned above. The User has the right to withdraw consent(s) at any time.
10. Security of data
The EA Project uses commercially acceptable means to protect all Personal Data we collect and process. Since no method of data transmission or electronic storage is perfect, we cannot guarantee your Personal Data’s absolute security.
If a security breach that might have negative effects on the Users’ privacy would occur, despite the security measures, The EA Project will inform the affected parties as well as relevant authorities in accordance with the applicable data protection laws as soon as possible.
11. The data subject’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights.
- Right to access data relating to you and processed by us
- Right to rectify incorrect, imprecise, incomplete, outdated or unnecessary data we have stored about you by contacting us
- Right to object to certain use of your Personal Data (though this may lead to certain limitations on using The EA Project Services)
- Right to delete your own Personal Data from our systems unless we have legitimate grounds not to delete the data, e.g., legal obligations
- Right to restrict processing of Personal Data (though this may lead to certain limitations on using The EA Project Services)
- Right to data portability, that is, the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format
- Right to withdraw consent at any time where The EA Project relied on your consent to process your personal information
- Right to forbid direct marketing, for example, by using the unsubscribe function offered in connection with each direct marketing message
- Right to complain with the local data protection supervisory authority in case you consider that our processing of your Personal Data appears to be inconsistent with the applicable data protection laws
For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA). If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and/or if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us (see Data Controller’s contact details in section 2). The message should include the following information: full name, home address, email address and telephone number. We may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. We also reserve the right to reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, excessive or manifestly unfounded.
12. Automatic decision-making and profiling
We are not using the data for automatic decision-making or profiling.